In any keynote, workshop, book talk or podcast, I help people experiment, improvise, visualize and tap into their creativity. What I love most of all is witnessing a-ha moments, when people play their way to ideas and solutions.
Let’s create an a-ha moment for your community together!
Often I speak about:
- Play and Improvisation: in work, in writing, in learning, and in life
- Creativity: overcoming obstacles and making the most of your own creative style
- Writing: character development, world-building, and revision strategies
- Teaching Young Writers: using Writerly Play in the classroom
- Creative Living: seeking balance, living your Hero’s Journey
I’m happy to:
- Facilitate a Writerly Play workshop or breakout session
- Present a keynote
- Provide one-on-one consultations
- Teach hands-on school residency programs for K-8 students
- Deliver professional development sessions for educators
- Collaborate with your team to customize a workshop to fit your needs
As an SCBWI regional team member, I highly recommend Naomi Kinsman and her transformative workshops. Naomi’s Writerly Play techniques draw authors and illustrators into a playful space where they delve more deeply into all aspects of their creative endeavors. Through Naomi’s masterful facilitation and her specific use of improv techniques, attendees solve complex problems and gain unexpected insight into their work.
Naomi has developed a totally original approach to teaching that is amusing for all involved, and also, at its core, highly effective. Kids learn through her process that there are multiple ways of approaching writing. I have yet to see a student hesitate to apply the learning from games into their writing; it’s as if the student sees the pen hitting the paper as a continuation of the games Naomi sets up.
Look like a match?
If so, please fill out this form, and we will follow up with you shortly. Thanks again for inviting me to speak with your audience. I look forward to exploring this possibility with you.