Calling all imaginative tellers of tales… Let Sadie’s adventures spark your own creativity. Draft a story, poem or essay of 500 words or less on one of the following topics for a chance to win a Kindle Fire!
1. In Shades of Truth, Sadie’s best friend, Pippa, sends her a book of the Top Ten Reasons they’ll always be best friends. Write about one of your best friends in action. Why is she such a special person to you?
2. Sadie’s adventures begin with a move from California to Owl Creek, MI. Write about a move, either to a new home, a new school, or even a new team or group. What changes, challenges, and excitement did you encounter?
3. In Waves of Light, Sadie’s youth group puts on a play based on an original fairy tale that Penny, her youth group leader, wrote. Write your own fairy tale, using elements such as larger than life characters, a long-ago and far-away setting, and a problem that may at first seem impossible to overcome.
The grand prize winner will receive a Kindle Fire. The second place winner will receive a $100 VISA gift card. The third place winner will receive a $50 VISA gift card.
Mail your entry to From Sadie’s Sketchbook Writing Contest, c/o Sara Merritt, The Zondervan Corporation, 5300 Patterson, SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49530.
You can also enter online:
- Adults, over 13, can enter for young writers on my Facebook page, at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naomi-Kinsman/243791448992512?sk=app_95936962634
- Additionally, you can enter online here: http://bit.ly/SadieWriting
All entries must be postmarked/dated between April 1, 2012 and June 1, 2012.
This contest is open to young people ages 9-16.
Please note: Entries not conforming to the above requirements will be automatically disqualified. Only one submission per entrant is permitted. Multiple entries are automatically disqualified, and only the first submission will be considered. View the official contest rules here.